Welcome Page AND Recently worked on/Recently visited/Saved for later

leodavesne May 21, 2019

Hi,

Is it possible to have a custom welcome page (as described here) AND at the same time having the Recently worked on/Recently visited/Saved for later shortcuts from the left menu working together.

From what I see it seems it's not possible, in our Confluence we have a welcome page and the Recently worked on/Recently visited/Saved for later links don't work.

Thanks for you help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
leodavesne May 22, 2019

Ah actually I just discovered that we forced the width of the right sidebar to take all the space of the home page.

So the links are working, it's just their content is hidden because of a CSS macro.

So it's solved!

2 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Hi @leodavesne 

If I haven't misunderstood, you are looking to create a custom landing page with the Recently <insert thing> in the left menu. I just did a quick trial in my test instance (and this is actually a really good idea and may well put it in production) and found the following.

Assumption: your "home" page isn't just a page; rather it's the root to a space that is the instance new "home". 

If you have created a special space to hold your new home page, you can then, down at the bottom on the left, go to "Space Tools" and then "Configure Sidebar". You'll be adding shortcuts to the left sidebar. Copy the link to one of the "Recently <insert thing> and add it as a Web link short cut and then give it a friendly name. This allows you to have those links handy rather than going to the little face in the upper right.

leodavesne May 22, 2019

Thanks for your answer @Mike Rathwell

The home page is a page unfortunately, and I see no way to fix the sidebar links of the home page.

So basically, the fact that we have a custom home page makes all the sidebar links not working anymore.

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Ah... thanks for confirming that @leodavesne . Perhaps the best thing to do would be t to create a new space called "Home" to drop your landing page on. This gives you quite a lot more flexibility as the landing page/space can have a different look/feel to the rest of the spaces and pages in the instance. That should, also, give you the ability to configure the sidebar of the space specially for the landing.

MB January 7, 2020

Hello @leodavesne  and @Mike Rathwell !  I am having so much trouble in configuring a Home/Landing Page for Confluence.  Currently the landing page is the "Recently worked on" view.  I want to customize a home page with a side navigation to chosen spaces when users login to Confluence.  Can you please confirm what is the best method to achieve this successfully?  You both have mentioned different methods with a hindsite view of a "better way"  but I haven't sorted out the best of the two.  Also is their redirect for the url that I'm not aware of.  Sorry for all the questions but I'm fairly new to Confluence and reading through all the documentation is a bit confusing for those of us unfamiliar with all the tricks.

Many thanks,

Mechelle 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events