Webdav Confluence Windows 10

Kevin Pariente January 9, 2018

Hi,

I allow myself to contact you because i would like to use Webdav function from my computer on Windows 10.

Unfortunately, i met an error when i tried to connect network drive to Webdav :

You can see more details in the screen below screen_webdav_error.png

I consulted and applied other article like Unable to authenticate while mapping a WebDAV client network drive in Confluence  but the problem persist....

So, could you please help us ?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Kevin P.

3 answers

0 votes
Kevin Pariente January 12, 2018

Thanks,
I followed your link and visibly the problem persist.
I did several tests in the field "Internet or network address" with the following addresses :
https://URL_CONFLUENCE:PORT
also
https://URL_CONFLUENCE:PORT/plugins/servlet/confluence/default
then I clicked on "Next"
I received the same message : "The Folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another."
Like it was specified in the article, I clicked on OK , I didn't see the "login screen".

0 votes
Kevin Pariente January 11, 2018

Thanks for your return.

So, as you requested, I clicked on the link and here is the message I received :

webdav_screen.png

I also followed your link "Windows 10 + WebDAV...."  :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\ BasicAuthLevel to 2 : No Difference

On the other hand "Is the SSL certificate self signed?" : 

I confirm the SSL certificate is self signed , as you can see in the picture below : webdav_screen2 (3).png

Do you think that the self signed certificate is causing of this blocking?

Thanks for your help.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

It could be related to SSL as you suggest, but I also found another article that mentions the exact error you are seeing and it says credentials are the issue. The WebDav server expects your Confluence credentials. The article suggests checking that box for "Connect using different credentials" and then putting in the login and password you use for the server WebDav is on.

Please see step 7:Establish a WebDAV Connection to Your Windows Package

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Please let me know if you clicked the link for "Connect to a website that you can use to store..." as in the red rectangle below:

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.48.05 AM.pngThis stack overflow posting has some suggestions as well: Windows 10 + WebDAV: Mutual authentication failed: The server's password is out of date at the domain controller

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events