WebDAV disabling

Karol Urbaniak April 10, 2019

Due to security issue in confluence (link) regarding WebDAV I want to disable it. I read article about configuring WebDAV and I have no clue how to disable it. 

There is a method to restrict access from Microsoft client but it doesn't work or I'm doing it in a wrong way. Please provide regex to disallow methods (PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, MKCOL, ...) for Microsoft clients.

PS

below doesn't work

PROPFIND /plugins/servlet/confluence/default HTTP/1.1 Content-Language: en-us Accept-Language: en-us Content-Type: text/xml Translate: f Depth: 1 Content-Length: 489
User-Agent: Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider DAV
Host: 127.0.0.1:8082
Connection: Keep-Alive

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2019

Hi @Karol Urbaniak 

To disable both plugins you need to login as an administrator and follow this steps:

Go to Manage apps / add-ons select System, and disable the following system plugins in Confluence:

• WebDAV plugin
  • Widget Connector

That will mitigate the security problem while you are able to upgrade version.

Hope this helps!

Karol Urbaniak April 10, 2019

Thank you. You are right. 

Like Charly [DEISER] likes this
0 votes
hugo_casanova July 19, 2019

i have the same problem:

Whenever the system restarts, these plugins return to active ..

is there any way to permanently disable them? (I thought about removing the file from the server, but I do not know where they are)

0 votes
Test April 26, 2019

@Charly [DEISER] 

Whenever the system restarts, these plugins return to active ..

is there any way to permanently disable them? (I thought about removing the file from the server, but I do not know where they are)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events