Web connection issues when installing Confluence

David B April 9, 2015

I am looking at purchasing Confluence. I download demo and set it up on CentOS on a VM in VMware Player. I have the networking setup so that the VM Host and this VM can ping each other and communicate (Tested using ssh and ftp) however when I try to go to http://192.168.2.113:8090 it doesnt display a page. I have tried telnet on port 8090 and this connection will not work. They are on the same network using same router so I cant imagine the firewall is blocking this port (I also forwarded the port to make sure). I checked netstat -ano and it has an entry on there listing listening to ipv6 on port 8090. HELP I am stuck.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

What does the Confluence log say when you get the blank page on port 8090?  Also, you've given an ipv4 address, then said netstat is listening on ipv6 port 8090 - have you checked it's listening on ipv4, or what you get it use the ipv6 address?

David B April 9, 2015

I am not currently using ipv6 and as I read something online say that if it lists ipv6 its listening on both? But I havent found concrete evidence of this. Which log are you referring to? I am currently looking in /opt/atlassian/confluence/logs

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

It is possible to listen on just ipv4 or 6 (although generally most systems listen on both if they're enabled), it's worth explicitly testing both though The log is atlassian-confluence.log - that's the main application log. A blank screen implies Tomcat is running and listening, but not a lot else, and the main app log might tell us more about what the application is doing (it's obviously telling Tomcat it's all ok, but then doing nothing more) The other thing that my memory is muttering is "try disabling ipv6". If you stop Confluence, go find the setenv.sh file under <confluence install>/bin and find a line that says something like JAVA_OPTS=" $JAVA_OPTS -Djava.awt.headless=true " , try adding " -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true " and restarting confluence.

David B April 9, 2015

I apologize I was very unclear in my comment about the blank page... It says "This website cannot be displayed"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2015

No problem, could be the same thing though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events