We're hit by Cerber ransomware, help needed!

Leo Vermeulen January 13, 2022

Our Confluence installation has been hit by Cerber ransomware and they demand a large amount of money. Are you aware of any tools that can decrypt my locked files? Unfortunately, my backups are also encrypted.

If not, do you know if paying them their blood money will allow me to resolve the issue? In other words, does their decrypt tool work?

Thanks, Leo

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

This isn't an Atlassian problem, there's nothing we can do to help you other than help you restore a backup if that's your only option after you've looked into undoing the ransom. (Confluence is only affected because it has files)

Leo Vermeulen January 13, 2022

I never said it was an Atlassian problem and you have not addressed either of my questions

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

By asking the question in a place dedicated to talking about Atlassian stuff, you did say it was an Atlassian problem.   

I was trying to point out that you are probably not going to get any help from us, as it is the wrong field for us. 

And that means we can't address either of your questions.  

Have you tried asking this in a place that is for talking about ransomware?

0 votes
Anghelina Alin June 5, 2022

I had the same problem ...
and I think is a problem with Atlassian Software because only confluence App is affected.

Only files from atlassian /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence
This space is used by Confluence to store all data and configurations.

Improve the security of the tools...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events