We have an existing Confluence instance and want to change to authenticate through JIRA/LDAP

Kevin Cassidy May 26, 2017

We originally installed JIRA with 50 user licenses and later purchased Confluence with only 25 licenses.  We set up Confluence to use JIRA's authentication but the mis match in license counts caused issues.  We now have 100 user licenses for each tool and want to set up Confluence to use JIRA authentication since our users are normally in JIRA and pop over to Confuence.  The multiple log ins between the tools is a pain.  We have both systems set up to use LDAP for user authentication and the permissions are managed through each tool locally. 

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2017

As far as I understand both your Jira and Confluence instances now use LDAP authentication but you don't want to re-enter your LDAP credentials when browsing from one application to another. So what you need is SSO. Atlassian Crowd is the recommended tool to get SSO on your Atlassian stack. Please also allow me to suggest you to take a look at the IWAAC plugin thanks to which you won't even have to enter your LDAP username/password at all. (Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of this plugin)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events