We have a page created by someone no longer in our group - is there a way to disassociate her?

Elena Torres September 25, 2018

We have a page created by someone no longer in our group - is there a way to disassociate her from the webpage/space? 

5 answers

0 votes
Elena Torres September 26, 2018

Just tried to copy this is the message I received:

You do not have permission to add pages to the space you have selected. Please choose a different space.

Looks like I will have to find someone with Admin rights.... 

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Looks like your space was set up with very restricted rights.

0 votes

OK I'll give it a try.  Thanks

0 votes

The person is still a user but is with a different code.

Yes I would like to take ownership of the page. 

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Unless they have set permissions to restrict editing, anyone has ownership. If they HAVE set permissions, then someone with space admin or above privileges can reset the permissions.

Strictly speaking, there is nothing special associated with the name of the page creator -- just an audit trail.

If it really bothers people, just copy the page, delete the old one, then change the name of the new one to match the old. Links to the page will still resolve (I am pretty sure). You will lose all the change history to that point.

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2018

I think you are asking if you can change page ownership? Has the user left the company and no longer a user? In other words, what exactly do you mean by disassociate?

If you just want to restrict viewing, then you can set page restrictions as @[deleted] has suggested.

0 votes
Deleted user September 26, 2018

Hi @Elena Torres,

• You can restrict the user(who can view and/or edit individual pages in a space) from space/page restrictions. Here are the steps how to apply a restriction to a page and space.
  • If this is not feasible for you (due to restriction for your user id), space admin will be able to see all the restricted pages and able to change the page/space restrictions.

Regards,

Sravya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events