We don't get email notifications

Steeve Christen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2020

Hi,

In our space, we don't receive notification emails from pages we're watching. It only works for people mentioning us or new pages. But when a page is edited, we don't get notified.

We've checked our settings configuration in Confluence as described here and it seems to be alright.

Any Idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Hello @Steeve Christen !

As I understand, page watchers do not receive emails from page updates. Thanks for pointing out that your settings are in accordance with our documentation!

With this behavior in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. Are you still facing this issue?
  2. Is this behavior present in more than one space?
  3. Has this worked at some point in the past?
  4. What happens if you create a new page and then edit it?
  5. Has the person who edited the page cleared the checkbox for “Notify Watchers”?
  6. Were the Page or space permissions for the affected space and page changed recently?
  7. How many pages are being edited and published at the same time?

The last question has to do with the bulk email notification Confluence creates. If a lot of content is being updated at the same time, it will wait for a timeframe of ten minutes and then release a single email containing all the changes made within the timeframe.

We can also perform this check:

1. Go into the space where the affected pages are present
  2. Create a new page in this space
  3. Publish the page
  4. Give access to the page to another user
  5. Ask the user to edit the page and then publish it
  6. Check if the notification arrives now or 10 minutes later with the bulk email

One last thing! Would it be possible for you to share some screenshots of your email notification settings in Confluence? Just keep in mind that our Community is an open space where everyone can see everything, so take care not to disclose any sensitive information within the screenshots.

Let us hear from you!

Steeve Christen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 13, 2020

Hi @Diego 

Thank you for your answer.

Something I forgot to say in the question is that we had an other space that we export and import in our actual space. In the original space, it worked fine. In the actual space it doesn't.

• Are you still facing this issue?
    • Yes
  • Is this behavior present in more than one space?
    • No only the actual one (the one we imported our old space to).
  • Has this worked at some point in the past?
    • No, only in the old space
  • What happens if you create a new page and then edit it?
    • The other people get an email for the creation of the page. But nobody get notified for modifications.
    • We get email notification when some mention us.
  • Has the person who edited the page cleared the checkbox for “Notify Watchers”?
    • No
  • Were the Page or space permissions for the affected space and page changed recently?
    • No, and it never worked.
  • How many pages are being edited and published at the same time?
    • Very few, we are two people and editing 1-10 pages a day.

The new page check didn't work.

Here are two screenshots of my "Watches" and "Email Settings" (I just renamed the pages for a little privacy 😉 ).

Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 07.11.04.pngScreenshot 2020-08-14 at 07.08.48.png

Thanks a lot for helping!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events