Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are seeing OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "scheduler_QuartzS

ramesh.borusu June 15, 2022

Hello,

We are observing OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "scheduler_QuartzS on confluence but couldn't able to see why its happening. We can see a lot of Memory is available on the server and only 40% of jvm heap memory is used but still getting the above error. you can see the usage in the image attached.

Can you please suggest us what parameters or checks we should be looking at.

We are on confluence 7.11.6 version.

Thank you 

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 7.20.18 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi @ramesh.borusu 

This is my best guess because you haven't told me the complete picture such as total system memory and what version of Java you are running.

My guess is that you need to remove the metaspace flag as identified in this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-crashes-due-to-outofmemoryerror-metaspace-751632580.html

You can confirm if you see that the quartz scheduler error Is due to out of memory for the metaspace in Atlassian-confluence.log 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events