Want to learn more about look/feel customization: Server Vs Cloud

Sat Singh September 19, 2019

Hello Atlassian Community,

I’ve been tasked to create a knowledge base for an app we’re developing,  and I’d like to customize/re-skin/re-theme  Confluence spaces/pages.

Am I right in thinking that the Cloud based confluence has limited abilities to do this compared to the server based confluence? (our company has decided to go with the cloud version)

I’m not a coder/developer so would ideally like something more WYSIWYG or would involve basic coding. I see there is “Refined Spaces for Confluence Cloud” but this only seems to customize spaces and not pages.

Any help much appreciated

Confluence Newbie

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

Hello @Sat Singh,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you.

It is true that in Confluence Cloud you have restrictions which don't allow you to customize it to the extent that you can with Confluence Server, using CSS or HTML.

On Atlassian Cloud, Confluence uses a custom theme that can't be modified or updated using custom HTML or CSS. For more information on custom themes in Confluence Cloud, refer to Working with Themes.

Confluence Cloud Developer community: You can also create your own theme for Confluence Cloud. Check out the Theme page in our Confluence Cloud Developer page.

If developing a theme is something you're interested in, please take the time to review the theme page referenced above, and reach out in the Atlassian Developer Community if you have any issues.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events