Want to edit existing page tree

Don Simpson August 11, 2020

There is a page tree in an existing space but it is at the wrong "level" I'd like to change the level of the tree, or the home of the tree, whichever is the more appropriate term. How can I do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2020

Hi @Don Simpson ,

I'm not sure if you're using Confluence Cloud or Server, but in case you're using Cloud here are some tips.

If you'd like to change the page that is the top-level homepage in your space (known in Confluence as the "Overview page", then check out the directions for "Set another page as your overview" on this Confluence Cloud documentation article:  Set up your space homepage 

If you'd like to change the order of pages in lower levels of your page tree, there are a few ways you can do this. One is to "drag and drop" page titles in the sidebar. The other is to go to Space Settings > Content Tools > Reorder Pages and move your pages around there.  For more information check out this Confluence Cloud documentation article: Move, copy, and hide pages

Hope this helps! Best wishes, Sharon

Don Simpson August 13, 2020

Hi Sharon, The system is Server based, not cloud. The issue is that someone put a page tree on a page under the overview page and I want to move it to the overview page. There is nothing wrong with the order or contents, it's just at the incorrect level. Is there I a way that I can get to the existing page tree and edit its location?

Thank Don

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events