Want comments in an excel show in confluence.

RMAGANTY
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2018

I have an Excel spreadsheet which has many sheets within. It also has comments in many of the cells. But when I attach it to a page in confluence I want users to see the spreadsheet, its sheets and the comments. How can I do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

Hi Radha,

I am afraid there isn't a way to view the comments inserted into any of the cells in Confluence, unless the user downloads the attachment to view its content and comments in Excel.

However, the user can view the contents of all the sheets in Confluence doing one of the following:

• I am assuming you meant attaching an Excel sheet (with multiple sheets within) using Editor > Insert Files and Images > Browsing and inserting the intended spreadsheet. In this case, once you publish the page:
    when the user clicks the attachment 'thumbnail', the attachment opens in the page (like any other image) and the user can scroll down to view the other sheets' content. In other words, the attachment opens as a scrollable page and every next sheet's content translates to next page.
  • You can also use excel macros (native or third party apps) to view the excel page contents as a Confluence page. 'Office macro' can display only one selected sheet's data. You can configure multiple macros to view contents of different sheets. There is another macro 'Excel' that converts Excel data into tables in Confluence. This displays all the selected sheets' content in the tables.
    Note: The user must have the macro configured in the respective instance to view the data.
  • When you attach an Excel sheet using Ellipses (...) > Attachment > Attach a spreadsheet or try to view the spreadsheet using the mentioned navigation, you or the user can see only the active sheet's content and not the other sheets or comments.

As I said in the beginning, the user can always download the attached excel sheet to view both the comments and additional sheets.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sireesha

RMAGANTY
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the detailed options. It is true that user can download and view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events