Want a simple calendar macro

Janet Lunde April 12, 2022

In the past, I recall there being a calendar macro for Confluence that did *not* integrate with an external calendar.

That is, I don't want a calendar in Confluence that pulls data from me and my teammate's work calendars. I want calendar displayed that we can manually edit to add release dates, trade shows, and the like.

Is anything like that still available?

My searches are all bringing up calendars that integrate/import other calendars.

1 answer

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hi Janet, welcome to the community!

I would suggest using Team Calendar, which is now part of Confluence Data Center.

You can create as many Calendars you want, integrated or not.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/teamcal/create-add-and-edit-calendars-654213559.html

Please let me know if that helped.

Cheers,

Melo

Janet Lunde April 14, 2022

Melo,

I create a new page, and select the macro 'Team Calendars'

It starts with a required field, called 'Calendar'.

That field appears to want me to provide an account such as a Google Calendar, to pull in some data from outside of Confluence.

I don't want to do that. I just want a blank calendar that we can add things to manually by editing the Confluence page.

Is there a way to do that?

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 1.17.43 PM.png

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2022

Hi @Janet Lunde

Yes, but you need to create a calendar before adding it to the macro. I'm not sure if you are using cloud or server, but the process is quite similar.

For server, go to:

•  top menu>Calendars>Add Calendar

For cloud, go to:

•  top menu>Apps>Calendars>"+" Add New Calendar

After that you can type the name when adding the macro to a page and you're all set.

Please let me know if you're able to create the Calendar and use it in the macro.

Cheers,

Melo

I'm using server.

I don't know what you mean by a "top menu" that has a dropdown of "Apps"

The macro "Team Calendar" is installed.

I checked the installed apps, and Google Calendar, and Team Calendars, are installed.

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

I was referring to the confluence menu.

• Go to Calendars

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 4.01.05 PM.png

• Add Calendar

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 4.45.59 PM.png

Here's what the top menu on my Confluence instance looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 4.55.41 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders