Vimeo broken with Widget Connector Macro?

Arrow Admin July 20, 2018

So we use Vimeo for all of our training videos as a company. We use the Widget Connector Macro to link these to Confluence so our users can more easily browse/share these videos as needed.

Yesterday we noticed that all the Vimeo connected videos are broken. In Firefox, it asks to install Flash Player, but in Chrome and IE it just shows a blank space. We do have flash installed and they were working company wide just two days ago.

Anyone have any ideas?

2 answers

3 votes
Will Masters
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2018

Hi Daniel, I encountered the same issue today.

It seems from further investigation that this is due to a recent change at Vimeo with the Widget Connector previously used for the embed.

I’ve written up the issue as a public facing bug report. Please see the following issue to keep track of this problem CONFSERVER-56135

The bug will be fixed according to our Bug Fixing Policy. Please vote on and watch the case so that your opinion on this issue may be heard by our development team, comments are also welcome.

Kind regards,

Will.

Thank you Will!

I see that you posted a workaround in the Ticket using a user created Macro.

How do I go about creating that user created Macro?

Nevermind, I found the documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html

For those not looking at the ticket workaround, here is the Macro Will has written:

## Vimeo video macro
## @param URL:title=Video URL|type=string|required=true|desc=Enter the full Vimeo URL (e.g. https://player.vimeo.com/video/223136582 )## @param Width:title=Width|type=int|required=true|default=640|desc=Player width in pixels (e.g. 640)
## @param Height:title=Height|type=int|required=true|default=360|desc=Player height in pixels (e.g. 360)

<iframe src="$paramURL" width="$paramWidth" height="$paramHeight" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do user macros get deleted or reset after an upgrade?

I'm worried that after we upgrade to the latest version all the videos I just linked in this macro will be gone.

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2018

+1 for bug. update to latest widget connector.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events