Viewers accounts?

Markus Thiel November 8, 2018

In our company we have about 40-50 people that will never write or interact with confluence so we don't really want to pay for those accounts.

I wonder if it's possible to have like viewers/guest accounts so that they can read eg. an internal blog, or just company news?

1 answer

1 vote
Peter Mav November 8, 2018

Hi Markus,

You can allow Anonymous users. 

Go to the Global Permissions scheme and allow access, they don't count towards you license count. But it's something I wouldn't do as it opens Confluence up to people you may not want to access it.

Markus Thiel November 8, 2018

Yeah that's not an option.. we still want to be able to restrict it somehow 

Like George likes this
George
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2019

I am right there with you Markus. I would LOVE to use Confluence to do my client documentation but I do not need the expense and admin overhead of full licenses assigned to people that will only be viewing the content. BUT their documentation can't be made fully public. It has to be restricted to the appropriate users.

Unfortunately the Bitbucket Wiki is too underwhelming to create the documentation I need, so that is not an option. I am now forced to use something else for my client facing documentation and split my SAAS services again.  I'd even be willing to pay for a block of limited "view only" users at a reduced rate from the full blown access user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events