Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View all open comments

Pascal Nelling February 25, 2019

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to view all open comments in Confluence? The notifications and emails are helpful but a list would be ideal.

Thanks!

Pascal

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hello Pascal,

There are a few items which may be referred to as comments. Could you please clarify if you’re referring to inline comments or page comments? For better clarification, you may see all of the different types of comments at Comment on pages and blog posts.

Once we have clarification, we can assist in getting you an answer.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Pascal Nelling February 27, 2019

Hi Stephen,

Sorrry - I am mainly referring to inline comments. 

Thanks in advance!
Pascal

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Hello Pascal,

Thank you for the clarification.

For inline comments within Confluence, there is no easy way to see all comments. The simple solution is to locate one inline comment and select it. Once you have chosen it, you should up and down arrows allowing you to navigate any inline comments on that page.

There is an option to see all resolved comments, but I don’t believe this is what you’re looking for (as resolve means already addressed).

There are feature requests for improving how inline comments function. You may find those requests here:

Confluence Server: CONFSERVER-36933

Confluence Cloud: CONFCLOUD-36933

We would suggest you vote and watch these requests to receive future updates.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Pascal Nelling February 27, 2019

That's of course unfortunate but thanks for clarifying! 

Best,
Pascal

Like # people like this
Pablo Torre July 20, 2023

The implementation of this feature is seriously mediocre. 

Like # people like this
11 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2021

Hi @Pascal Nelling 

I can suggest Talk - Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence app and specifically the Talk Report feature that can help you with your case.

Talk Report allows overviewing comments made on a specific page and/or space and see in it the following data:

image (23).png

A good case is to use this app with the Table Filter and Charts  app. With the combination of these apps, you can filter comments by a certain user, the priority of a comment (low, medium, or high), and its status(open, archived, or resolved). These filters can help you to see which comments may take your immediate reaction. 

image (22).png

1 vote
Paul Wright November 2, 2021

So frustrating to see another expected functionality that has an add on!  

The comments are highlighted, so you can scroll and find them, but what a pain if there's a very long document.

I found that if I cannot locate a comment, I simply create one and then I can scroll through the other comments and delete my unneeded one when done! 

The only good thing is that comments will stay highlighted until they are resolved or deleted.  Resolving means you can then find them in the resolved comments from the ... "more" menu.

Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 21, 2023

Hi @Paul Wright ,

What is the scenario when you cannot locate a comment? Do you mean to find a comment you're looking for?

Paul A Wright July 21, 2023

Hi Irina.
Essentially, yes.  
My workaround is to simply add one, but I since discovered a simpler way.

Example.png

0 votes
Vision one Solution
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

To view all comments added to page using below steps

1) Select  "Advance Search" from Search 
2) In the "OF TYPE" Custom Section select "Comment"

It should show all comments 

Search comments using Advance Search options.png

0 votes
Andrii Tkachenko _BeastieHut_ June 28, 2019

Hello!

You can refer to https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1219786 plugin to form the table of comments (simple comments or inline (resolved/unresolved)) (if needed, from other pages and descendents).

Thank you

Rob Boerman July 21, 2019

Unfortunately not available for the cloud version

Like Kat Ingalls likes this
Andrii Tkachenko _BeastieHut_ September 11, 2019

Hello @Rob Boerman .

The Cloud version is available now in Atlassian Marketplace - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219786/pages-and-attachments-comments-report?hosting=cloud&tab=overview.

The features of the app are going to be extended in new versions.

Thank you!

Julia B -Doc Queen May 12, 2022

So tired of them charging for feature that should be free. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events