View File Macro (Excel) - specifying first column or first row

Claudia Dufour May 11, 2023

I see that there's a way to limit the cells to the last column and row. Is there a similar feature for specifying the first column/row? 

If I want to display C5:H10, is there a way to skip A:B & rows 1-4?

It would also be great to have multiple ranges shown together, such as C5:H10 & K3:L20. 

1 answer

4 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Claudia Dufour,

If it happens so that you have our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed, you may use our new macro – Table Spreadsheet Include.

The first step is to import your existing Excel file to the Table Spreadsheet macro or insert a new Table Spreadsheet macro and add your data, cells’ formulas, etc. from scratch.

The second step is to use the Table Spreadsheet Include macro to present your data in a neat way. The macro allows you to choose the source page, source spreadsheet, source sheet within this spreadsheet and to manually choose the cells’ range that you want to reuse/display (even one cell can be reused without any additional empty cells).

The Table Spreadsheet Include macro can be also wrapped into Table Filter, Chart from Table and other macros for further processing.

Claudia Dufour May 11, 2023

That app is not available for me to download on our current version of confluence server. IT blocked most of the apps for "security" reasons, so I have had to find less convenient work arounds. If you have a wiki markup work around for the viewxls macro, that would be ideal. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events