Vertical Align Content in Table Cell

Jeff Shepherd July 28, 2022

I can align text in a table cell to the left/center/right.

Is it possible to align it top/middle/bottom?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2022

Since you are on server, you can update the global/space CSS to middle align cell text (what I did by default in my instances).

The default in Confluence is top, If you wanted something more select able, You could create a user macro to wrap your cell content and set the alignment -- a bit cumbersome.

If you wanted to control it on a table basis, you could use a similar strategy to wrap your table and set the vertical alignment for all cells in the table.

Jeff Shepherd August 1, 2022

I supposed I should have specified are there page editing tools provided that can align vertically.

If I've got to manually edit the HTML/CSS I'm taking the answer to be 'no'.

Like Dave Austin likes this
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2022

Correct, there is no builtin tool to do what you want. I would require a custom addon to the existing editor. There might be a third-party solution, but you would have to search the marketplace to see. Would be a cool addon, though.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Shepherd November 20, 2023

A feature of Confluence 8.4 is the ability to:

• Align table content vertically
0 votes
Jaspreet Singh November 17, 2023

Shocking that this isn't a thing

Jeff Shepherd November 20, 2023

I just updated the answer to my own question. As of 8.4 it is a thing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events