Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version number

SimonT June 1, 2020

I am using the new editor within the cloud and I would just like to write the version and date of when a document was last edited.

The change history macro works but I just don't want to see every version, There appears to be a value that you could pass to just show 1 or 2 versions but that appears to have been removed. 

There are a few postings that talk about using User Macro's but are these available with in the native cloud and not using a 3rd partly plugin ? 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Documentation-Version-Numbers/qaq-p/1336601 

2 answers

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

Hi @SimonT ,

We have released a (paid) Confluence app, Document Metadata for Confluence Cloud.

This allows you to e.g. show the last edit date and version number.

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2020

@SimonT 

The macro change history in the cloud version does not have the "limit" option. However, this is available in the server version.

SimonT June 1, 2020

Thanks that would explain why in some documentation I saw "{change-history:limit=2}" as a fix but in the cloud documentation it listed that a parameter could not be passed.

Are custom macro's supported on the cloud ? As I saw another fix was to use 

generalUtil.versionNumber

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2020

I have not seen any way, to set user macros in the cloud version.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events