Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version control

Klaus Vogel November 17, 2017

I'd like to insert version control into confluence. This should work for changed documents and all other changes, what the user can see.

If we made some changes on a document, then the user will have the possible to see the current and the older versions.

A college informed me about the plugin "Copy Spaces", which will not work for new confluence version. So I'd like to ask which plugin is useable and not so expensive.

Thank you.

Klaus

2 answers

2 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017
Klaus Vogel November 17, 2017

Thank you Boris for your information, but I would see the changes in word or excel document.

Do you know that this will be possible?

When I change the Excel file and save the screen, then confluence create automatically a new version. When I compare the current and previous version then I cannot see the changes inside the excel file.

I think this will be very complicate?

By the way, is it possiblt to omit the version the for each change?

Thanks a lot.

Klaus

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Not possible as far as I know.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2017

So, the Copy Space add-on does indeed work with the newest version of Confluence. I use it all the time. Just because it says it is incompatible doesn't mean it won't work. It simply means that  the developer has not certified that it does indeed work with your version. You can download the add-on from the version page and manually upload it through the UPM. Another option to consider would be to look into Scroll Versions.

Klaus Vogel November 19, 2017

Hi Davin,

Ok I will try. But what is the big advantage of Copy Space add-on and the internal version control?

roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2017

Hi Klaus. As Davin mentioned in his comment Scroll Versions would be the way to go to achieve what you want.

Feel free to check out a small video about how Scroll Versions works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptaP1m1MGvY.

Cheers,
Roman.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events