Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify issue type in 'Jira issue' field type

Adrian M March 28, 2023

I have a Field Definition macro set to Field Type = Jira issue

Upon entering the issuekey, e.g. ABDC-123, the issue is located. Upon clicking and selecting the issue and then clicking outside the box, the issuekey and summary are displayed in a popup below the box.

Currently if the user submits any issue other than an Epic, a Jira error message is returned to the page.

I'd like the Field macro to verify that the issuekey provided by the user is of Epic issue type before they submit. So if a key of any other issue type is entered then an error message should show e.g. "Only Issue Type Epic can be submitted"

Any suggestions on how to set this validation and error message?

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2023

Hi @Adrian M for something like that to happen you would have to go back to Jira with each keystroke otherwise how would the system know when the user was finished.  Re: ABCD-1 could be an issue ABCD-12 could be an issue ABCD-123 is the issue you care about ... how would the system know this without a enter command to the system?

Adrian M April 10, 2023

@Craig Nodwell Thanks for your response. The Epic ID field in Confiforms should only return Epic Issue Type so that the Story in Jira can be linked to the Epic through the Epic Link field in Jira.

I forgot about this post as it is duplicate of this other post I had created which has a solution https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/How-to-restrict-Confiform-field-to-show-results-containing-a/td-p/2142962 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events