Variables or list options

Joanne Herrmann October 27, 2021

I am in the process of moving from server to cloud. I have a lot of templates that include drop-down lists. I thought I had found a way to replicate that in cloud by using the <new variable> macro but I wasn't able to edit the selections after I published the page. Now it isn't working at all. Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2021

Hello Joanne,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

We understand that you are used to some features in Server, but there are some differences between the Cloud and Server versions.

The variables present on templates in Cloud, are available once you create a new page based on a template and then choose or enter the information before you publish the page, but after the page is published, this variable is not editable.

Regarding the drop-down lists, I think you may be trying to insert one into the template, is that correct?

For now, we don't have an option to insert drop-down lists or buttons on Confluence Cloud, but we have this feature request created to gather the interest of our users to have it included:

Feel free to add yourself as a watcher to receive the updates on the suggestions and also vote for it!

Hope that helps! 

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events