Variables in a Template?

tbellmr December 11, 2019

Frist thing, I do not want to use any 3rd party addins as my admin will not allow them.

I am creating a Confluence template and using the Page Properties macro.  I have a table with prompts for the following:

Date:  - (how can I get the current date to auto populate? ) 

Requestor:   (I tried $documentOwner but no luck)

Assignee: (How can I use a list of 5 or more @mentions such that they render out correctly)

Finally is it possible to tack on the current date to the Page title of my template such as it is done with the meeting notes blueprint?

2 answers

1 vote
tbellmr December 12, 2019

I got a lot of mileage using the Page Info macro from Script Runner to obtain the Create Date and Created By values.

After that I used the List Data along with two List Options from ServiceRocket for a combo box of Open / Closed.

I also found a Date Date macro by ServiceRocket to enter in the closed date.

All those were macros that are available to me at my site.  

1 vote
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

If you are using Confluence Server, you should have a look at user macros.

However, only an administrator can set these up for you.

Using a combination of the Create from Template Macro (to insert the date into the title) and a user macro, you should be able to do this without 3rd party apps (assuming you can have the skill to write the user macro).

tbellmr December 11, 2019

I am only a space administrator, not a site admin.  This seems like it should be easy, common stuff but I am new to all this so guess it is not.  Looks like I am stuck unless someone else has some advice.

What about using the @mentions in the pick list?

Like sara_oconnell likes this
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

Yes, your options are very limited if you aren't permitted 3rd party apps or user macros - and really, this is a short sighted decision, as a lot of the benefit of choosing Confluence is the ability to extend it.

You can't put @mentions in the pick list (at least I've never seen that work). If you want to include a list of people to @ mention, you would need to list them out and ask the user to delete the ones not applicable (not ideal at all).

If the page is created and then never edited, the Contributors macro can be used in the page properties report to display who created the page.

I can't really see you getting closer than this.

Like Davin Studer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events