VPN and Confluence

Hello,

I wanted to access Confluence over VPN from home. Our Confluence is installed on a server in my company. It is allowed only for internal use. In our intranet I can access Confluence with <server-/computername>:<portnumber>. This portnumber is opened for intranet, so it has to be possible getting access over VPN.

Our provider checked it out and says, that we have to deactivate firewall. I've tested it yet and it work's if firewall is deactivated. But this makes no sense. The provider told me to contact Confluence regarding this issue!

Can you help me? What should I change in my settings?

Thank you!
Ozan 

2 answers

0 votes

Sorry, this is very clearly a pure network issue.  You need a route from your client machine to <server/computername>:<portnumber>

Confluence (or, rather, the Tomcat running it) has nothing to say about networking routes.  It's serving up confluence on the url it has been told to.

If it works when your firewall is off, and fails when it is on, then the firewall is the problem.  It is not allowing <vpn> to <confluence> and you need to fix that in the firewall.  Not Confluence.

0 votes
Daniel Wester Community Champion Mar 13, 2015

+1 on the firewall. More than likely it has an ip range to allow to have access to the tomcat port.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,114 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you