Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the roadmap macro disappears when click insert

Jo Wells June 6, 2019

Hi, When I create a roadmap macro, complete and press insert it disappears and I was left with some partial words - The following is copied direct from what I see on the page after clicking "insert" ROADMAP  rvices Data migrationjarch and searchsign

I have done this twice now and lost my work both times which is very frustrating to say the least!!! Is this a known issue? If so when will it be fixed.

BTW I'm using Chrome

Thanks

16 answers

4 votes
Daniel August 7, 2019

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue, not only with the road map but moving things on the landing page of the project space.

It looks as if it was inserted correctly then when publishing it does not show and when going back to edit is not there so all work done is lost. Frustrating is a light way of putting it.

I am suing Mozilla Firefox, in case it helps...

2 votes
Viktoria Bril September 22, 2022

I encounter this bug regularly. I wrote a ticket on this bug (JST-773799), in response I was advised to use cmnd+z (which of course does not work in this case, unfortunately I missed the answers to my ticket, so it was closed). 

At the moment the bug is also frequent, but now it has other behavior instead of random letters in place of roadmap: now when you click on «Insert» –  user gets thrown back to the root page without editing mode and roadmap is not saved. 

I think this bug should be fixed by Atlassian team with the highest priority. It's been around since 2019 and is wasting hundreds of thousands of hours of your users' time. 

Evgenii Kapranov September 22, 2022

Yes, I also encounter this problem often. I really hope that the developers will pay attention to it and fix it.

2 votes
Dylan Downs September 2, 2022

We've had this issue twice and lost hours of work. This is what happens:

1. Click the roadmap tool - pop-up appears and perform data entry onto roadmap
  2. Somehow, whilst filling in the roadmap, some characters were inserted behind the pop-up and override where the roadmap object should have been.
  3. Click 'insert' on the roadmap
  4. it disappears and where it should have been, we instead have the jumble of characters which were somehow typed in the background.
2 votes
karen.riggs August 31, 2022

So reading the responses from others, I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from this but did anyone happen to figure out a way to get it back? Even a previous version should be documented somewhere right? I cannot fathom that I just lost all this work for nothing!!! 

2 votes
Claire Weiller June 9, 2022

I have the same issue.  There should be a save button for the roadmap.  Disappeared and lost all my work twice. 

2 votes
Antoine Pouppez June 11, 2021

Same Issue. Just wasted 1/2 day of work! 

2 votes
Milan Stancevic August 17, 2020

The same issue for me - After roadmap edit and 'insert' click, the roadmap is gone. Several hours of work are lost now!

2 votes
Tarang Vaish October 14, 2019

I experienced the same problem multiple times.

After you have edited the roadmap, and click Insert, sometimes you see the macro, but other times only few characters are left in its place.

2 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2019

Hello Jo,

Firstly, I would agree that it would be very frustrating working on something, go to insert and all of your changes drop off. We're here to ensure we find a cause as to why you're working is disappearing without reason.

I searched and was unable to find any reported bugs in the product which may lead to this behavior along with searching all existing issues reported and nothing came back with a similar experience. I attempted to re-create the issue myself and was unsuccessful in duplicating the reported problem.

We do believe you're having a problem and want to ensure we find the cause or fix the defect if one is present. To ensure we mirror your workflow in duplicating the problem, could you please take a screenshot of a sample roadmap prior to inserting and another screenshot after insert? This will help us to understand what is on the page and what your roadmap looks like before and after inserting.

We look forward to your response so we may assist with finding the cause of your disappearing work.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Haneen Abu-Remaileh January 22, 2021

similar issue just happened to me, pressed insert, and roadmap has disappeared!

janet.grimwade April 13, 2021

The same issue just happened to me. This hours of work. There should be a warning if the roadmap is to big. Very frustrating. How can I get back the roadmap? 

Like # people like this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2021

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to follow up on this to help reference some possible bugs which may be at play here, while these aren't fixes we do need to understand the behavior in order to link it to a defect within the product. With this said, please take a look at the following bugs, and please DO let me know if your issue is similar (We also suggest you vote and watch the bug that impacts you to monitor its status:

1. Changes not saved when editing Roadmap Planner | CONFCLOUD-69248 (Fixed, but we're investigating a regression)
  2. Regression investigation: Linking certain pages on the roadmap planner macro will break the macro | CONFCLOUD-72023 
  3. Changes not saved when editing Roadmap Planner | CONFCLOUD-72250 

If you're experiencing an issue outside of the above bugs, we'll need some details around the steps you took that lead to the loss of work or the disappearance of the macro itself. If you've worked with support on this issue please reference the issue number for us to investigate.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

spryce November 8, 2021

So very angry right now... Clicked insert and roadmap is now gone. So much time wasted and no way to recover my work. Next problem is what can I use in its place?

Clearly not fixed...
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-72250

Like Jon Carlisle likes this
Katrina Greeves February 15, 2022

Same issue found as described in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-72250

I was able to insert and edit the roadmap initially, then insert/save the roadmap, and successfully publish the page. No issues saving it after a single session with multiple edits of the roadmap.

However, when I went back to edit the page in another session (editing both the page and the roadmap again) it did not insert/save back into the page. 

Like others, I spent considerable time (2+ hours) editing (moving and adding bars, adding lanes, renaming lanes), and then when I went to "insert" the widget back into the page, the roadmap is replaced with some random words. I tried to undo the edit, but this reverted back to the original duplicated roadmap, not the edited version. 

Unfortunately, I did not save/insert the roadmap in between each major change. 

I can only see page drafts, not roadmap drafts. If there was an auto-save / draft feature on the roadmaps widget, perhaps that would help everyone. 

Re: naming lanes bug - if you insert a lane, then insert at least one bar in that lane, it is then possible to edit and rename the lane. This has been a bug workaround on the roadmaps for 5+ years!

Agnes Varga February 16, 2022

I simply stopped using roadmaps in Confluence so unfortunately I can't make screenshots - I wouldn't risk a few hours' of work again. :(

Ann McDermott July 20, 2022

Just lost an hour of work as well.  I hit insert and the Roadmap did not save and it turned to the word gin under TIMELINE.   Which now I could use some gin to handle my frustration. 

Like # people like this
Dylan Downs August 11, 2022

We've had this issue twice today and lost hours of work. This is what happens:

1. Click the roadmap tool - pop-up appears and perform data entry onto roadmap
  2. Somehow, whilst filling in the roadmap, some characters were inserted behind the pop-up and override where the roadmap object should have been.
  3. Click 'insert' on the roadmap
  4. it disappears and where it should have been, we instead have the jumble of characters which were somehow typed in the background.
Like # people like this
karen.riggs August 31, 2022

Crazy that this issue was reported on this chain over 3 years ago and it still hasn't been resolved! 

Like # people like this
spryce August 31, 2022

You've been atlassianed.

kemckenzie September 19, 2022

I too lost hours worth of work, I kept using 'Insert' to save my changes along the way but that obviously wasn't good enough.  The last archive shows a month ago.  How can I get this work back?

- Kept editing a roadmap on its own confluence page.

- After major edits I would click 'insert' to save my roadmap.  (Now I know I should have been saving the confluence page too - although I thought I did several times but the archive doesn't show them).

- After adding another bar and dragging it to position and editing the text, I hit insert again and the entire roadmap disappeared.  I don't appear to be able to get it back.

Like Irina Caraivan likes this
1 vote
Alain Carpentier April 3, 2021

Just wasted 2 hours of work because of this issues... 

1 vote
Yong Gao August 17, 2020

I figured out a way to use the roadmap function in Jira (Kanban mode instead Scrum mode).  It is much better and more powerful than "roadmap" in confluence.

1 vote
Yong Gao July 25, 2020

I had the same issue here, tried three times and wasted 2 hours work.

Agnes Varga March 23, 2021

Same here.

0 votes
Michael Fischer January 5, 2024

Also just lost 2 hours of work to this.  I am SO unimpressed right now, to say the least.  Atlassian, can you at least provide us a place to go view the autosaves, as they supposedly exist?  The Roadmap edit pane proudly tells me it's autosaved every 15 seconds. Where?

0 votes
Boris Simovski June 22, 2023

Hi, I have experience this several times, today it happened twice in a row.
Is it possible that a roadmap becomes to big when this happens?

0 votes
Jon Carlisle February 13, 2023

Lost hours worth of work.  Same as everyone else before...clicked insert and the macro completely disappeared (along with all my work)!  

I did save fairly often so I can provide a few more details.  For me, it happened when I added my 4th swim lane and tried to edit the name.  It wouldn't let me edit the name.  So, I figured I'd save my work and try again but little did I know that all my work would vanish.

I can't think of a worse experience.  Not sure I care if you fix this or not because I'm not going to bother trusting this again.  

0 votes
Ceylan Dalgic September 25, 2019

Hi. Sometimes when I click insert, my work disappears for some reason. I have experienced this for a few times.

Now my work is published on the page but when I click "edit", I can't see my roadmap there. So I can't edit it.

I'm using Chrome.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events