Using scaffolding text fields to pass values for jira macros in a template

Yusuf Abdulghani July 27, 2012

I would like to allow the users to provide a link to a jira filter in the text field provided by the scaffolding macro. Then I would like to take that jira filter link and use it in either a jira issues macro to show a list of jira issues on the confluence page. I am wondering if this is possible.

Thanks for all your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

Confluence {run} macro allows you to do this by accepting a value form user and rendering the contents based on the same. You can use jiraissues macro within the run macro.

I meant the plugin from Bob

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/RUN/Run+macro

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2012
It is possible, provided your users understand the need to provide keys as a comma delimited string which you capture in a text-data field. In this case you can use the report-on macro from the Reporting plugin to inject that string into the jira issues macro. Be careful that any percent signs used in the query parameter are doubled up, so that Reporting doesn't treat these as markers for injection. In my case, I originally wanted to capture the jira keys in a report-table, which the end user could add rows to as required. This part worked well, but Reporting in Confluence 4 could not output the jira keys as a comma delimited string, and so I had to go back to a simpler way to capture those values. See this forum topic which may have snippets to help you: http://community.customware.net/customware/topics/generating_a_comma_separated_list_of_values_from_table_data_keychain_help?from_gsfn=true

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events