Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Spaces & Pages

Simone Poulter April 13, 2022

I'm new to Confluence but can't find the answer I'm looking for in the knowledge base or community feed.

Essentially I'm creating 70+ pages within a space called Onboarding. We want new staff to onboard certain information based on their role. Each new employee will only need see about 2/3 of the pages in this space, so the idea was to have a MASTER space (Onboarding) then re use pages from that space to create new role specific spaces (e.g. Marketing Team, Hardware Team, Software Team, Operations Team).

Can I do this? I can't see how I can reuse pages and I don't want to copy pages into other spaces as that defeats the purpose of having a master page that we only have to update once for every role space. If that makes sense....

So should I:

1) continue as I am, creating pages in one space that I can pull into other spaces, OR

2) treat the spaces as modules (e.g. a company intro module with 5-6 pages, a branding module with 3-4 pages, a product module with 10-14 pages, a software dev module with 12-16 pages etc etc) then pull those spaces into role specific spaces.

Instructions for how to pull in pages/spaces into other spaces would be super helpful as I can't seem to work out how to do this.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

you can always just create page templates if you want to reuse a page.  Can create a template for Marketing, Hardware, Software, etc...

Example: Create a template | Confluence Cloud | Atlassian Support 

Simone Poulter April 16, 2022

Thanks for the tip Ed. Unfortunately templates aren't going to work as they don't allow for images (according to the link article). So I think we'll just have to create spaces for various subjects and share the spaces that are relevant to each role.

0 votes
Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2023

Hello @Simone Poulter ,

This request is older and you have probably already found a solution. But just in case other users have a similar use case.

You can reuse existing pages with the page include. However, this requires that you create a new page and use page include to display the content of the MASTER page(s).

If you are open to it, apps from the Marketplace can also help. One approach, for example, would be to use the Navitabs app. As described here, this allows you to centralize and display content from different pages within a tab navigation on a Confluence page. You can find more ways to centralize existing page content and new content with this app here.

Best regards,
Mattia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events