Using OAuth to connect to Google Sheets API with Confluence Cloud

Rebecca Weiss June 1, 2017

I am trying to create dynamic, user-friendly custom tables (read-only) from data in Google Sheets using Javascript. I'm using the HTML Macro for Confluence Cloud [link] .

My problem stems from the OAuth 2.0 that the Google API uses. I want to get users to log in using this quickstart guide [link] , but when I try to execute the code, the buttons won't show and I am unable to authenticate.

I am fairly certain the admin needs to configure the OAuth authentication to Google, but we are at a loss on how to do that. We have attempted following these instructions [link] but it hasn't worked.

Does anybody have any experience with this or  have a clear answer? Thanks very much!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2017

The doc you were following is unfortunately for Confluence 5.1 server: Configuring Authentication for an Application Link

Please check out these articles:

Configuring OAuth

OpenID Connect

Please let us know any follow up questions.

Rebecca Weiss June 2, 2017

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, Ann! Will check out the articles in the coming days and get back to you.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

@AnnWorley This is helpful, but is there a bit more detailed tutorial on how to configure Application Link to Google services (mainly we are interested to establish connection to google spreadsheets)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events