Using Macros & Wiki Markup in Confluence 4.x

Bryan Choate November 12, 2011

I'm attempting to programmatically add content to a page in Confluence via the SOAP api. Essentially, I want to say something like this:

h1. {color:#000000}v3.1 (built Sun Nov 13 15:57:44 EST 2011; deployed %%PROD_DATE%%){color} || Time || Server || | %%BETA_DATE%% | %%BETA_MACHINES%% | | %%PROD_DATE%% | %%PROD_MACHINES%% | {jiraissues:url=http://jiraserver:8080/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=project+%3D+PROJ+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.1%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC}

In v3.1, I could just paste that into the non-WYSIWYG editor and everything would be fine; however, in v4.x, if I paste that into the editor, it doesn't render- it just shows up as raw text. Since there's no more distinction between wiki markup and wysiwyg, the rendering happens realtime, and adding large chunks of wiki markup kills it. Is there a way to do what I want in v4?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2011

In the new editor of Confluence 4 you should be able to paste your wiki markup in the dialog window when you go to Insert => Wiki Markup.

If you want to add content programmatically, there is a helper method convertWikiToStorageFormat in version 2 of the remote API.

Bryan Choate November 13, 2011

Thanks Remo! That was exactly what I needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events