Using Jira automation to create Confluence page, Mentions feature doesn't work...

Mark Milford January 22, 2021

We are using a 'service' account to create confluence pages when a new jira specific issue is created. This utilzes the Confluence api to create the page and insert the macro for the issue. When the account that actioned this was my account, everything worked great. The new issue would have a "mentions" item that would point back to the confluence page. We created a service account to be the actor for these actions and now that mentions section in the jira issue doesn't populate? Is this an issue with the service account? What permissions are needed to ensure this mentions link is populated in the jira issue after creating the confluence page? Any help is appreciated!

FYI : we wanted a service account in case the owner for the automation, for example myself, takes a leave of absence or account gets disabled, etc.

1 answer

0 votes
John
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hey @Mark Milford ,

Not sure I can be much help here but I know that for a page to be displayed in the "mentions" area the users needs

1. Access to the page (i.e. it's not restricted)
  2. Access to the Confluence product. 

When a user doesn't have access to a page they don't know if it exists or not, if they don't have access to the product the same applies. It prevents sensitive information leaking from one product to another.

In your case above I assume the service account will need a Confluence and Jira access to create the page and link the issue.

I'll see what else I can find out for you.

Thanks,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events