It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using Excel to export Confluence Data (Table) into Excel

Hi Community, I am looking for a solution to export Confluence data using excel.

I have googled multiple solutions, I am not looking for a manual export where you can download the CSV file off confluence or 'Export as Excel' option.

I am looking for a solution where you can go under Microsoft Excel 'Data' Tab and extract a table from Confluence wiki, maybe 2x2 table for example, and display it exactly in excel. 

If you know a way to do it or could give me a step-by-step solution briefly, could you please let me know below or contact me?

2 answers

Hi Javis, I think I can help you with an app available for Confluence called Excellentable. It allows you to have a fully functional, exportable spreadsheet right inside Confluence. So, instead of using a Confluence table, you can put your data into Excellentable and export it to display perfectly in Excel. 

Hope this helps!! 

Hi Jaclyn,

thank you for your solution.

However, I can't add on paid apps to a corporate website as I have to go through multiple approvals, this is not something I am looking for :(

Side note, does this support auto-export function?

Are you referring to Confluence page exports? If so, the export (pdf/word/html) will contain the excellentable as well.

You can export a single excellentable to a csv, xlsx, (or coming soon PDF) at a click of a button as well.

Hi Shardul,

thank you, but I can’t buy the product..

no worries Javis - I was just replying to your side-note of auto-export.

Edit: Spelling

Hi, I'm with the Elements team and our app Elements Spreadsheet might meet your needs too.

If you want to see some images of how it looks in Confluence, this blog post is handy: https://elements-apps.com/blog/manage-data-confluence/

With Elements Spreadsheet, you can export your data by clicking on the export button at the top of the Spreadsheet.Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 13.22.43.png

You mention you want to go to the Data tab in Excel and access the data. I don't think this is possible with data from Confluence, but perhaps you can add details about what you want to do?

Hi Laura,

thank you for your solution as well.

Similar to Jaclyn, I understand and appreciate the app as it has amazing features :)

But, I am not able to go through approval process to buy this app for my company.

Can I understand more why is it not possible with data from Confluence? Can I use the data feature in excel to export, let's say, a table from Confluence into Excel SpreadSheet?

Thanks,

Javis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

129 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you