Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Excel to export Confluence Data (Table) into Excel

Deleted user October 5, 2019

NA

3 answers

0 votes
Clifford Dibble February 15, 2024

I'd like to automatically ingest the contents of a Confluence table into Excel and Power BI using Power Query.  I don't see an export to CSV option (only PDF and Word export).  Even if there were an export to CSV option, it's still a needless manual step.  I should be a 1-click operation to ingest it.

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Hi, I'm with the Elements team and our app Elements Spreadsheet might meet your needs too.

If you want to see some images of how it looks in Confluence, this blog post is handy: https://elements-apps.com/blog/manage-data-confluence/

With Elements Spreadsheet, you can export your data by clicking on the export button at the top of the Spreadsheet.Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 13.22.43.png

You mention you want to go to the Data tab in Excel and access the data. I don't think this is possible with data from Confluence, but perhaps you can add details about what you want to do?

Deleted user October 9, 2019

Hi Laura,

thank you for your solution as well.

Similar to Jaclyn, I understand and appreciate the app as it has amazing features :)

But, I am not able to go through approval process to buy this app for my company.

Can I understand more why is it not possible with data from Confluence? Can I use the data feature in excel to export, let's say, a table from Confluence into Excel SpreadSheet?

Thanks,

Javis

0 votes
Jaclyn Mazzarella
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 7, 2019

Hi Javis, I think I can help you with an app available for Confluence called Excellentable. It allows you to have a fully functional, exportable spreadsheet right inside Confluence. So, instead of using a Confluence table, you can put your data into Excellentable and export it to display perfectly in Excel. 

Hope this helps!! 

Deleted user October 9, 2019

Hi Jaclyn,

thank you for your solution.

However, I can't add on paid apps to a corporate website as I have to go through multiple approvals, this is not something I am looking for :(

Side note, does this support auto-export function?

Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 10, 2019

Are you referring to Confluence page exports? If so, the export (pdf/word/html) will contain the excellentable as well.

You can export a single excellentable to a csv, xlsx, (or coming soon PDF) at a click of a button as well.

Deleted user October 10, 2019

Hi Shardul,

thank you, but I can’t buy the product..

Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
October 16, 2019

no worries Javis - I was just replying to your side-note of auto-export.

Edit: Spelling

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events