Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence instance temporarily before moving to new instance

Joanne January 10, 2016

I have a request for some projects in our JIRA1 instance to be able to link into a Confluence1 instance which is not a problem -however, this would only be temporary until we setup our own instance of Confluence. 

When we want these projects in JiRA1 to link to our new instance of Confluence2 I am guessing we can't get the data out of Confluence1 (only some projects as there is another JIRA instance linking into Confluence1 also) without a lot of hassle.  But if we drop the link to Confluence1 from JIRA1 what happens - have redundant data sitting in JIRA1? Will it fall over for these projects? Sorry - hope not too confusing a question!

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2016

Hi Joanne, 

The application links is a two way communication path. If you have the Confluence1 and JIRA1 connected, you can link JIRA1 issues in Confluence pages and Confluence pages on JIRA1 issues. If you drop the application link connection between these apps, you will lose this information. However, if the purpose is read-only, after the migration to Confluence2, you can simply remove the existing app links and recreate on Confluence2 without losing data.

Note that the best is to always test first on a staging instance for Confluence and JIRA so you can test exactly the behavior you will see in production.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events