Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence for Request Management

Rolondo Talbott September 12, 2019

Below are the basic requirements that are needed for request management for technical communications. Can Confluence accommodate something like this?

As an IT member, I want to submit a request for assistance in a communication matter so that my request is addressed in the quickest possible manner.

As a Communication manager, I want a form by which an IT member can submit a request for a communication need, answer a series of clarifying questions, indicate a level of priority and attach supporting documentation so that the request can be comprehensively evaluated.

As a Communication manager, I want requests to be approved by leadership so that I know that the request is valid and vetted.

As a Communication Manager, I want the progress and status of my work to be visible to all users and for requestors to be notified when their work traverses statuses so that, there is transparency in my work.

2 answers

1 vote
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

As @Davin Studer has already suggested, Jira is the best tool for your needs.

Using any other tool like Confluence or Trello would be a stop gap arrangement for you.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

Jira is really the best tool for this, but you could do something like this with the ConfiForms app for Confluence. We use the server version. There is a cloud version now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events