Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence as public technical documentation with branding

Paul Nel April 20, 2023

We would like to use confluence as documentation front end for a cloud based software tool but I cannot seem to find a way to do so without the Confluence menu bar, branding etc.

Is it possible to make a confluence Documentation site look like it is not Confluence and actually like a different company's documentation?  Or should we rather look at services like Documents365 etc?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2023

Hey @Paul Nel

my teams app Scroll Viewport for Confluence Cloud might be the tool you're looking for.

The app will take the content you select and publish it to a branded help center of your needs. You can brand it yourself the way you want, add a custom domain and SSO if you need to.
At the same time your Confluence UI isn't touched and provides still the same features und collaboration possibilities as you know it.

Here is an example of our K15t Help Center. It's a website but the content is pulled from Confluence.

I hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.

Cheers,
Steffen

Paul Nel April 21, 2023

This is cool.  Thanks @Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ 

Like Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ likes this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

@Paul Nel If you use Confluence out of the box then it will look like a Confluence site as you are just making it public.  If you would really like to customize it you will need to use an app like this https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228839/karma-ultimate-page-builder-confluence-formatting-macro?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events