Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence Coud, attempting to insert a Jira Report / Pie Chart doesn't work.

Bret Truchan September 24, 2019

I'm having some issues trying to add a Jira 2d Report of type Pie Chart to a Confluence page.

Step #1: I have a confluence page where I want to add the report:

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190924141859.png

Step #2: I select the Jira widget:

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190924141952.png

Step #3: I configure the pie chart:

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190924142114.png

I believe that when I select the display option for Status, I get an error in the Javascript console.  Here's the error:

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190924142348.png

I'm not sure if that's related.  Once I click Insert to insert the new report on the my Confluence page, nothing happens.  The page is not updated with any new content.  Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Hi Bret,

Thank you for contacting us about this. 

1. Can you tell me, if you still have any pages on the old editing experience, are you able to add the macro there?
  2. If you were to use the / shortcut menu in Confluence to add the macro, does that work instead?
  3. Does this occur on several different browsers?

I suspect it could be related to CONFCLOUD-65519 (When editing a Jira Gadget macro, the internal Save button is not shown), but I would need further information on that.

Let me know how the tests work, and we can proceed from there.

Regards,

Shannon

Christine Diamond January 7, 2020

Thank you, Shannon. Is there a way to control the format of the text in the diagram?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi Christine,

It's not possible, unfortunately, since with Confluence Cloud modifying the theme including fonts is a restricted functionality.

See Functional Differences in Confluence Cloud for more information. Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Ben Sharir January 23, 2020

@Shannon S we're having the exact same issue with Confluence and Jira Cloud. The insert button in the 'insert jira chart' window is visible and clickable but even that the preview shows the the chart / pie it doesn't show on the page. We tested from different browsers and different computers and no one was able to add a Jira macro to Confluence.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2020

Hi @Ben Sharir,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Are you encountering the  same error that @Bret Truchan was encountering in your Developer Tools console?

Error: undefined missing confluence/api/navigator-context

If so, I think this issue might be related to the following bug:

• CONFCLOUD-65999 Cannot Add "Pie Chart" Macro to a page using the new editor

However, the workaround stated there is to use the Jira chart macro, which you're both already using. There's a comment internally about how it may be related to another issue with gadgets, but it appears that issue might be already resolved. 

I'm going to try and see what I can find out about this and I'll let you know if I hear anything. 

Regards,

Shannon

Ben Sharir January 24, 2020

@Shannon S yes, we're encountering the same error that @Bret Truchan is encountering in the developer console (see screenshot). You're right about the workaround stated in CONFCLOUD-65999 is to use the Jira Macros that we're both already using. I'm not sure about the internal comment with this issue being related to gadgets as even if it's resolved, we're still unable to use macros in Confluence as of now. Your help is appreciated.

Annotation 2020-01-24 105810.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2020

Hello Ben,

Thank you so much for providing those details. I'm trying to get in touch now with the development team lead to see what we should be doing; if the bug I sent is in fact the same cause as this one, or if this is a new issue entirely.

I'll report back when I have any details.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Ben Sharir likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2020

Good morning!

I spoke with the team, and it appears that the bug is a duplicate of this case:

• CONFCLOUD-67476 Inserting a Jira Chart from Jira macro issue does not work

This one is on its way to being fixed, and is being tested in staging at this time. I'll let you know once the release is confirmed, and then we can see if this fixes the issue you all are having.

There's a workaround we can test now:

Instead of selecting the Jira Charts macro from the Jira issues macro menu, directly select the Jira Charts macro from the macro browser by selecting the View More option on the insert/+ dropdown.

Could you all give that a try and see if it works for your site?

Regards,

Shannon

Ben Sharir January 29, 2020

Thanks @Shannon S , this workaround works!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2020

That's great, Ben! Thanks for confirming that.

I'll be watching the CONFCLOUD-67476 bug in the meantime, and I'll follow-up with you when it's resolved.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events