Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Anchors

Charles Sands February 5, 2013

I'm having a problem with anchors, I've created an anchor at a point in a page, #anchorname, and in a seperate page I'm trying to link to that anchor, page name#anchorname. Should the page with the anchor scroll to the anchor when the link is clicked on the other page, or perhaps it just opens up at the anchor? What is happening is the page with the anchor opens but it never scrolls down.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charles Sands February 13, 2013
This was answered in another thread. Thanks for your assistance. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/115795/using-anchors?page=1#comment-134344
1 vote
mattcobb October 5, 2018

It's broken:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-62589

Please up vote it

0 votes
Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

Hello Charles,

The page with the anchor should scroll down to the anchor when the you click to the link. Lets review how to create anchors.
In the newer versions of Confluence the simplest way to create an anchor is to start typing {anchor}, the macro browser should apear, then select anchor. A window should popout asking to name your anchor, NAME IT WITHOUT USING "#", JUST THE NAME YOU WANT FOR YOUR ANCHOR, click insert, and now you have a working anchor.
Now to create a link, just click in the link button. To create a link to an anchor in another page select advanced then under link put pagename#anchorname for differnet space: spacekey:pagename#anchorname

I believe the issue is when you are creating the anchor, you are naming it #anchorname instead of anchorname, no need to use "#" when naming it just when linking.

hope this solves your problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events