Using Anchors and copying pages

Helen Griffith September 11, 2018

Hello... I think what I'd like to do is impossible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I want to add links to headings/anchors within a page. I know how to do that, BUT I have duplicate spaces in my Confluence instance - one for internal use and one for external use. I update the information in the internal space and when ready I copy (using the CLI tool) to the external space. To ensure that my links work when I copy the pages from internal to external, I use the 'Search' or 'Recently viewed' method to insert links. Copying the pages updates the link to the local (same space) page. Using the 'Advanced' method to insert links, I think, hardcodes the link and copying the page does not update the page's space.

Has anyone managed to work around this?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Helen Griffith September 11, 2018

LOL, it looks like it DOES work. With anchors at least. However, the anchors appear about 2/3 of the way down the page. If I link to a heading from a TOC, the heading appears at the very top of the page. Maybe anchors are meant to open differently... Is this normal behaviour?

Helen Griffith September 13, 2018

Yes, it does work, but, of course, the link text is hardcoded and doesn't update if the page title changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events