Using 2 instances of Confluence on Demand one for developing tech doco and one for customers

Lillia April 30, 2013

Is anyone out there using 2 instances of Confluence on Demand one to develop tech doco and then another instance to publish it for customers?? So one instance would be our internal site with draft versions etc and the other instance would contain the signed-off doco and be accessible to customers?
The reason we are thinking of doing this is to simplify the whole permissions things:) pros? cons?

Thanks Lillia.

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

IMO permissions in Confluence are pretty damn simple if you avoid using page restrictions. This is a very simple scenario you are talking about compared to organisations with complex departmental relationships. Imagine an organisation with 20 departments, each of which have various client/vendor type relationships with one another all sharing the same Confluence instance quite happily. This is what Confluence was built to support. If you fragment it, I suspect you wont be able to leverage some of the social features in Confluence as effectively. Your technical team wont be engaging as directly with your clients to allow them to improve your product(s) and your client relationship as fluidly as they otherwise might. I hope that made sense, it's just my gut feeling.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events