Users on confluence not appearing on JIRA.

Charlie of Atlassian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 21, 2015

Users on confluence not appearing on JIRA.  JIRA and confluence are set up on two different machines, each using its own in built databases.

We have succeeded in synchronising confluence to jira but we are having issues with synchronising the users.

1 answer

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2015

Hey there,

From your description I understand that you're using the HSQL database, can you confirm it? If so, are you only evaluating these applications or these installations are being used on production already? Remember that we do not support the use of HSQLDB on production, so if you're using it there I'd recommend you to set up them to use an external database.

Regarding the issue you've reported here, it's not clear where you're facing this sync issue since you've mentioned that Confluence sync's to JIRA successfully. Remember that Confluence retrieves users from JIRA not the other way round.

I hope it helps.

Eduardo

Charlie of Atlassian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 22, 2015

Hi Eduardo, I am using the HSQL database and I am using the evaluation versions of these applications. I have created my users on Confluence and have integrated Confluence with JIRA. I have created a user directory and have configured the Atlassian Crowd Server. The synchronisation was successful. But the users from Confluence are not appearing on JIRA. However, when users are added in JIRA, they are only visible on Confluence when the users sign in for the first time. Can't the users that I have added on Confluence be visible on JIRA?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events