Users cannot access new On-Demand Confluence wiki

Ethan Leland April 10, 2014

I just added a confluce wiki to our on-demand setup which already had JIRA with Greenhopper, and I cannot get exising JIRA users to be able to view the wiki. The error messages users see is:

"You have not been granted access to Confluence."

All users have been added to a "developer" group that I granted full access to confluence. When that failed, I added individual user permissions in the "Global Permissions" for each user, and they are still not able to access the wiki. I also made sure that the users are configured to have access to confluence on the "User Management > Application Access" screen.

How do I allow existing JIRA users to access the new on-demand confluence instance that I added to our system?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ethan Leland April 23, 2014

Thanks for the reply. I ended up having to contact atlassian support to make some changes in the backend. Here's the message I got from them after they fixed it:

Access to confluence is controlled by the confluence-users group. Had to perform some back-end fixes due to:
https://jira.<span< a="">>atlassian.com/browse/AOD-6992

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2014

Thanks for sharing the information here! it will help others who may run into the same issue as well :)

Cheers!

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2014

Hello Ethan,

I believe there's still some permission missing or could be some bug. I could find this other answer which had the same behavior that you have.

I recommend to have a look and try the steps listed there to verify if that works.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events