Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User with Permissions CAN'T view pages

Laurel Duncan September 19, 2022

Hi There, I've got an active user (below) who is allowed to view pages but she receives an error when trying to access the Standard Operating Procedures page. This page has no restrictions.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this or how to fix it??Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 2.55.36 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

@Laurel Duncan can you make sure that the user is logged in when trying to access the page? Are they attempting to reach it through a URL link, or by navigating the page tree in Confluence?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

@Laurel Duncan checking back in here to see if your issue has been resolved. Hope all is well.

Laurel Duncan September 23, 2022

Hi @Andy Gladstone She is logged in and having this issue so it's not yet resolved. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Btw, admins used to be able to navigate as a user. Is that feature still available? I wasn't able to find it when I tried to 'be' Jenny.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

@Laurel Duncan you sure can. Go to user management (https://admin.atlassian.com/) and select the user you want to log in as. On their user profile page you should see the Log in as user button.

Capture.JPG

Thank you! It looks a little different on my end but I was able to find it. When I logged in as her I could view the page that she was having issues with. Is this usually a cookies/cache/history thing on the user side??

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

Add one more to that - browser. Is the user able to view the page after clearing their cache on their preferred browser? Can they try to access it from a different browser?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

@Laurel Duncan need any more assistance? If not, can you mark this as an accepted answer by clicking the Accept Answer button?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events