User unable to access JIRA & Confluence

Finneva@1 December 12, 2022

Dear Team,

I am an admin and I have added the user (saurabh.gupta@finneva.com) and granted access to the projects applicable. User is able to reset password, however using the new password when he tried logging in, he is getting the error message as seen from the attached screenshot. Could you please advise how to resolve this issue ?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-12-12 144057.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi Finneva@1 and welcome to the community,

From the message you pasted here, it seems that the user's account is inactive. That's why he can't log in.

• Go to your jira > cog wheel > user management
  • Select filter > suspended
  • Find your deactivated user and click restore access:

restore access.png

That should do the trick. Let me know!

Finneva@1 December 12, 2022

Dear Alex,

Thank you for the response.

I am unable to view the ''user management'' option? Could you please guide me further.

Regards

Screenshot 2022-12-13 110820.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Finneva@1 To find what I told you from the route you've chosen (because you didn't go on the cog wheel, but elsewhere) click on administration, select your organization (if prompt), click directory. Then find your user and do what I told you above.

Finneva@1 December 21, 2022

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your revert. I tried the way you suggested. I could still not find the user under ''suspended''. What could be the issue. Will be guided by you.

Thank you.Screenshot 2022-12-21 173056.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2022

If you click on "Deactivated" can you see that account?

Finneva@1 December 21, 2022

Hi Alex,

I did select ''deactivated'' still could  not see the user.

Would highly appreciate if you could help resolve this issue. Looking upto you.

Thank you

Regards

Ramesh

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2022

Finneva@1 sorry, but I dont have enough info to resolve your problem. I need you to share screenshot from the place you search for that specific user, and of course the results.

Are your users managed?

Have you verified any domain?

Did you grant that user access only to confluence or to another product as well?

What is the role of that user? I mean, is he going to be a normal user like you, or a customer on a JSM project?

Finneva@1 December 22, 2022

Dear Alex,

Please find below my responses:

Are your users managed? - Yes

Have you verified any domain? - I didnt specifically verify any domain.

Did you grant that user access only to confluence or to another product as well? - The user was granted access to both Confluence and JIRA and was able to access the pages until couple of weeks ago. However all of a sudded he is unable to view the pages.

What is the role of that user? I mean, is he going to be a normal user like you, or a customer on a JSM project? - He is a normal user in my team and was granted ''member'' permission.

Do you think we can do a teams call to resolve this ?

Pls let me know

Regards

Ramesh

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2022

Finneva@1 unfortunately we can't do a teams call. This is not how community works.

Can you provide the screenshots I've asked you on my previous reply?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events