Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User's can't see global spaces in Confluence

Abrham Smith November 4, 2011

I installed Confluence. Connected it to AD. Created a Global Space with no restrictions. Logged in with my user account and I can't see the space on my dashboard. I can't browse to the space either, its as though it doesn't exist. I looked in the log and I do not see any errors. Anyone know what the problem could be?

1 answer

1 vote
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2011

Hallo Abrham

Could it be that the space permissions do not include the group "confluence-users", or that your AD username is not a member of that group? See the documentation on groups:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Users+and+Groups

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Groups+Overview

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Sarah

Abrham Smith November 6, 2011

Sarah, thank you for your help.

I have setup two groups in AD , Confluence-Administrators and Confluence-Users, all of my users are in the correct group in AD. As when I look at the groups in Confluence it shows them as members.

I don't see how this is a problem if my space doesn't have any restrictions on it. All my users should be able to see any space right?

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

Are you in a position where you can temporarily turn off the AD stuff? If it works with local authentication then you know that the problem is somewhere in your your AD is implement. If you still can't see them, then you know it is a more general permission problem.

Abrham Smith November 6, 2011

Okay I have made some headway. Apparently there is a configuration error or bug within groups. I just added the jira-users group to the space admin permissions and everyone in that group is able to see the space. However Confluence-Users is also a part of those permissions but they can't see it. When I look at the groups in Confluence Admin everything seems fine. When I look at global permissions in Confluence Admin I see this error:

confluence-administrators

Case incorrect. Correct case is: Confluence-Administrators

confluence-users
Case incorrect. Correct case is: Confluence-Users

SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2011

Ah, OK. There's a problem with case sensitivity. For some reason, Confluence is not recognising that the group "confluence-administrators" is the same as the one with capital letters "Confluence-Administrators". I don't know enough about the cause here, and whether it's a result of the LDAP integration or something to do with the database settings. I know that earlier versions of Confluence had some problems with case sensitivity in group names. (Confluence should ignore case when searching/matching group names and usernames.) The best thing is to raise a support ticket at http://support.atlassian.com, and let them know which version of Confluence you're using.

:)

Cheers, Sarah

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events