Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User profile looks different than in the documentation?!

Stefan Ernst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

I dont know what it is, but our user profile picture dialog looks different than the one in the documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Choosing+a+Profile+Picture

it looks more like this

when you click upload picture you can upload a photo but not change back to the user avatar. Was this changed in Conf 5 and the documentation was not updated? Or does this have something to do with ldap users and non ldap ones?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Ernst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

Everyone who has this problem, check out

1. CONF-30693

Disable the Confluence Profile Plugin and see if that helps.

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

Thanks for posting the reply Stefan :)

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2013

Hey Stefan,

How are you?

What you mean by upload a picture but not change the avatar back?

Could you please tell me which actions your are taking (step by step) the expected behaviour and actual behaviour you are getting?

Thanks and Regards,

David|Atlassian Support

Stefan Ernst
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2013

hey David,

in Conf 3.5 we used to have these little colorful avatars (which you can see in the screenshot in the documentation), in 5.1.3 they are gone and we are left with a simple picture upload form. I'm not sure if they were removed and the documentation is not up-to-date or we have a module not working.

best regards

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2013

I don't know exactly what caused this behaviour, so let me give you a work around that might work and then I will ask you a couple questions to find out more about what happened :).

First:

• Go to Confluence Downloads Archive page.
  • Download the 5.1.3 Standalone Zip Archive.
  • Navigate to your <Confluence_Install>\confluence\images\icons\profilepics.
  • Extract the 5.1.3 Standalone Zip Archive.
  • Navigate to <atlassian-confluence-5.1.3>\confluence\images\icons\profilepics
  • Copy all the images from the Zip archive and then paste those images in <Confluence_Install>\confluence\images\icons\profilepics.

Once you done those steps please go back to the profile picture page and check if you are able to see the avatars.

Now for the questions :),

When Confluence was upgraded version 3.5 to 5.1, did or you upgraded to the bridge version 5.0.3 first or went straight to 5.1.3?

Did you had any recent activities on Confluence environment, like moving Confluence to another server?

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks and Regards,

David|Atlassian Support

Stefan Ernst
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2013

hey David. We upgraded the database to 4.3 first (which was recommended in the docs) then to 5.1 directly (not via 5.0). After we did that, we switched off the old server (a rusty old Windows 2003 machine) and launched Conf 5.1.3 on the new server.

I will try your suggestion

best regards

Stefan Ernst
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2013

unfortunately it didn't help :)

this is what the upload dialog looks like.

it works alright, just not as in the documentation (and some people are missing the avatars)

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2013

By any chance are you using any customization on your Confluence?

Because this screen does not match with Confluence default theme.

Could you please use on of the below methods and retest:

• Disable all your add ons by using safe mode.
  • Confluence Admin > Left panel > Global Look and Feel > Themes, and set Confluence to use the default theme.

If this is a customized theme, It would explain a lot why your avatar images are gone after a upgrade :).

Stefan Ernst
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2013

hey David,

we are not using any custom theme. I only uploaded our logo (that created this color theme). I edited it out in the screenshot :)

after deactivating all add ons via safe mode the screen still looks the same. Do you think a re-install of any system plugin would help?

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2013

Hmmmmm, maybe.

If safemode did not corrected that try to Clear the plugin Cache.

So making a small recap:

• No customizations.
  • Just uploaded a logo and changed the profile pic make's it unable to change back to the Confluence avatar.

I will see if I can reproduce this localy.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events