User permissions in Confluence spaces using ScriptRunner

Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2023

Hi,

I am looking at creating a ScriptRunner Listener which will send email notification whenever any user who is not a space admin was still provided permissions to delete the page, attachment, comment, blog or mail. 

Permissions may have been provided by the Confluence administrator or the Space administrator but we want to track and restrict providing permissions to delete any type of content to users who are not Space admins.

Any idea/ example/ article to achieve this?

Thanks,
Vamsi

2 answers

0 votes
Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Thank you for your response.

I have already checked through the above articles and still working out the script.  

Currently, I have created couple of listeners which will send email notifications whenever:

• Space permissions are updated
  • Space permissions are removed
  • Space is deleted
  • Page is deleted
  • Attachment is deleted

The email notification contains the space affected and the user details who performed that action. 

I can then go check the Audit Log for more information.  

I am yet to figure out, using the script, for which users the permissions were updated/ removed.

I want to consolidate these because some of the space administrators are further providing delete permissions to other users which we want to avoid.  That way, if any user wants to delete anything, they can either contact their space admin or contact us (Confluence admins).

I will keep this open for now and will check further.  Will update if I find anything interesting.

Thanks again,
Vamsi

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events