Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

User permissions in Confluence spaces using ScriptRunner

Hi,

I am looking at creating a ScriptRunner Listener which will send email notification whenever any user who is not a space admin was still provided permissions to delete the page, attachment, comment, blog or mail. 

Permissions may have been provided by the Confluence administrator or the Space administrator but we want to track and restrict providing permissions to delete any type of content to users who are not Space admins.

Any idea/ example/ article to achieve this?

Thanks,
Vamsi

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Thank you for your response.

I have already checked through the above articles and still working out the script.  

Currently, I have created couple of listeners which will send email notifications whenever:

• Space permissions are updated
  • Space permissions are removed
  • Space is deleted
  • Page is deleted
  • Attachment is deleted

The email notification contains the space affected and the user details who performed that action. 

I can then go check the Audit Log for more information.  

I am yet to figure out, using the script, for which users the permissions were updated/ removed.

I want to consolidate these because some of the space administrators are further providing delete permissions to other users which we want to avoid.  That way, if any user wants to delete anything, they can either contact their space admin or contact us (Confluence admins).

I will keep this open for now and will check further.  Will update if I find anything interesting.

Thanks again,
Vamsi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events