User macro for embedding of external web-page

Aliaksei Mishenin November 12, 2013

Is it possible to write user macro like iframe from 'Adaptavist Content Formatting' plugin or it is using some java scripts that need to be bundled with macro in plugin?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aliaksei Mishenin November 13, 2013

We've made it. Works fine in 5.3.1 and 4.2.3

Macro body processing: no macro body

Template:

## Macro title: My Macro

## Macro has a body: Y or N

## Body processing: Selected body processing option

## Output: Selected output option

##

## Developed by: IT Solutions Dep

## Date created: dd/mm/yyyy

## Installed by: My Name

## @param URL:title=Url|type=string|required=true|desc=Enter include URL

## @param width:title=Width|type=string|required=true|desc=IFrame width (% or px)

## @param height:title=Height|type=string|required=true|desc=IFrame height (% or px)

## @param id:title=ID|type=string|required=true|desc=IFrame ID

<iframe src="$paramURL" height="$paramheight" width="$paramwidth" id="$paramid"></iframe>

Rachael Birky July 14, 2014

I developed a macro like this, but am having trouble displaying two iframe macros on a page (even with unique div ids, and even though they show in preview). Is this a problem you have also encountered?

MediosPublicitarios SA March 19, 2019

It's still working? My macro stay in white

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Why don't you want to use Adaptavist's iframe macro? You could create a user macro that creates an iframe, but why would you want to re-invent the wheel?

Because this plugin doesn't support current 5.3.1 version of Confluence and we can't just sit and wait when Adaptavist will update this plugin.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Have you tried it on 5.3 yet? Often times it only says it is not compatible because the author hasn't updated the listing to say it is compatible. I could very well still be compatible and with what it is doing (not using a lot of framework stuff) I would imagine it still works.

0 votes
David Thomas January 27, 2014

Did you find a fix for this?

0 votes
David Thomas January 27, 2014

Did you find a fix for this?

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2013
Do you want to import the external web page to confluence page...?

It's not like importing, it's like classic HTML frame http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_element#Frames

We using it to work with some external web-services without need to leaving our Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events