User list export from Confluence

Christine Cagakit-Ingco February 1, 2019

Hi Team,

We're doing some audit of users in our confluence_users list, I would like to know is there a way to export it from portal to an excel file or CSV file format? Thanks.

3 answers

3 votes
Tad Foster October 2, 2019

A server method...

1. Open a blank Excel sheet

Note: This was done in Confluence (Data Center) v6.15.4 and logged in as a Confluence Admin

2. Using KEYSIGHT ADMIN SUPPORT (v1.9.4) Free App; Note: version is not supported in DC. Go to the Active User List.

3. Let it completely generate the user table under "Has Logged In" 

4. With your mouse, highlight the first couple of rows within the table.

5. Hold down the Shift key and scroll all the way to the bottom of the table and select the right-most table cell. (You should have all the fields in the table highlighted.) You can let go of your shift key now...

6. Copy "Ctrl C"

7. Go to your open Excel sheet and land your cursor in cell A2

8. Select Paste Options then select Paste Special... Then select the "Text" option (It should paste in the formatted rows below A2 and across)

9. Add the header in A1 and across(Count, Login Name, User Name, Last Login and Logged in X Days) to your list so you can sort and filter.

2 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2019

Hi @Christine Cagakit-Ingco,

You can export the users from the Site Administration tools if you are a site-admin. You'd go to user management, click on Export Users, and select check box for "Group Membership" and the drop-down for your Confluence Users group.

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2019

N.B. I think that only applies to the Cloud version. I don't find the same option for the server version.

Like # people like this
Christine Cagakit-Ingco February 28, 2019

Yes, same here, I don't see the option. Confluence version is 6.13.0

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2019

In that case I think you need to use a third party app to export the users to CSV. There is a free one here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/126/bulk-user-upload-management-utility?hosting=server&tab=overview

-Scott

Like # people like this
1 vote
Lasse Langhorn October 16, 2019

Hi,

You can use the Confluence User Export to do the export. It supports JSON, CSV, XML and XLSX.

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

Lai Feng Min February 23, 2021

hi Lasse

We tried this plugin in our on-prem Server instance and it is working great.

Currently this plugin can only be accessed by someone with System Administrator access. How do we allow access to someone with Confluence Administrator access? 

Please advise.

Lasse Langhorn February 24, 2021

Hi @Lai Feng Min

This is currently not supported but I will look into supporting this.

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events