User installed app not showing up in app dropdown

scdeloach December 10, 2020

I installed a user installed app (Google Drive for Confluence) and can see that it is enabled in my manage apps page, however, it does not show up in the App drop down list from the top menu bar.  I've tried clearing the browser cache, disabling the browser cache, going incognito.  Am I missing an additional step to make it appear in my App drop down list so I can actually use the app?

Addendum:  Discovered that since this particular app actually adds Google macros that can be found under "Other Macros", however, I would still have expected it to show up in the App drop down list - any idea why it doesn't?  Or, is that by design?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Hi @scdeloach,

The nature of the app is to deeply integrate content into your Confluence pages and it the makers have thought it makes more sense not to make it accessible through the apps menu, but more in context with where you work.

Think of it as if you want to insert e.g. a picture in a Word document. It is more natural to your user experience to open the insert menu first and then choose from the options there, rather than having to know you'll need to go to a picture app first.

You'll find that using the "/" command is even easier than looking for macros. Type "/" and then google (I guess) to find what you want to insert from your keyboard.

The items you'll find under "Apps" will usually be tools that add more elaborate functionality to your Confluence product than integrating page content. Think reporting, review and workflow apps, stuff like that.

Alan Kelly June 29, 2022

I'm having the same issue. Just added Confluence and Google drive integration. It shows as an installed app in the manager( but not in the installed apps menu ) but I can't find how to use it. It does not appear in the insert menu or when I type /google?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events