cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User creation when migrating from Confluence 2.8 to 3.5

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

Hi,

I'm upgrading a Confluence instance from 2.8 to 3.5. The instance was configured to use LDAP in the osuser.xml file. Before migrated, we copied the osuser.xml file into WEB-INF classes, and we upgraded the instance.

The upgrade failed because the osuser.xml file was too complex. So we decided to remove it and continue the upgrade.

But now we have to recreate the users... We chose a delegated authentication LDAP because the groups are not configured in the LDAP.

I want to recreate all users in the relevant tables via SQL. In JIRA, there is a table called SEQUENCE_VALUE_ITEM, but I can't find the equivalent in Confluence. How can I set the relevant ids in the tables?

Thanks

Stéphane

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

Hello,

If your delegated connector has the "Copy User on Login" option selected all you will need to do to rebuild your user would be to have you users login. Having the default user group set to a permitted group is going to make sure that all of the users that are part of your LDAP will be able to access Confluence

Confluence 3.5.x has user information stored in the cwd_user and cwd_membership tables. It is going to be very difficult to try to write a query to insert users and their appropriate group memberships.

My best bet is that if you performed the upgrade without your osuser.xml that the cwd_* tables will no longer contain the older user information. My suggestion is to have your users log in one at a time, or set up your connection to your LDAP as a full sync connector with Ready Only with local groups.

A full sync will actively propogate all of the users in your LDAP into Confluence. You should still be able to set up a default user group to allow everyone access. Ticking the Read Only with Local groups connector ensures that Confluence permissions can be administered directly from Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events