User crash with another user when create ticket in jira from conflunce

Anas Ibrahim November 19, 2019

I have a problem with Confluence:

User A attempted to create a JIRA issue from the Confluence page.

the issue was created in JIRA, but the reporter is another user.

I tried to clear the cache in the browser, but it's still the same problem.

if user A tries trying to do it from another PC or browser, the problem still exists.

Note:

In the Jira project User A he can create a problem as usual and he is the reporter.
In words, the problem is not from the JIRA project configuration.

any suggestion ?

in Confluence we use Remote JIRA Directory .

Confluence Version : 6.6.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution : 

This Problem has been solved by  :

Change the protocol on the the Link application between JIRA And Confluence in this case it will be better to chose  OAuth with impersonation.

For more information about the Application link : 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/link-atlassian-applications-to-work-together-785449117.html

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anas Ibrahim February 27, 2020

This Problem has been solved by  :

Change the protocol on the the Link application between JIRA And Confluence in this case it will be better to chose  OAuth with impersonation.

For more information about the Application link : 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/link-atlassian-applications-to-work-together-785449117.html

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2020

Hello Anas,

Thank you for letting me know how you were able to get this to work in the end! 

Take care,

Shannon

Like Anas Ibrahim likes this
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hello Anas,

Thank you for bringing this to us. That's a very interesting behavior.

Can you let me know, is the same happening with the other user, if they try to create issues in Jira via Confluence? 

Is the reporter always the same one in Jira when User A creates an issue in Confluence? 

Could you also let me know if this occurs in other Confluence spaces as well?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shannon

Anas Ibrahim November 22, 2019

Hello Shannon

Thank you for your attention.

-The other user has no problem with creating a ticket from Confluence, they created with his name as a reporter.

-When user A creates an Jira issue from Confluence , the reporter is the same user (for example user B) every time and it occurs in all Spaces .

just a little background:

The problem started when user B logged in to Confluence with his account from laptop user A and after logout ,user A cannot create a ticket in jira from Confluence with his name as reporter.

I tried my user on the user A laptop and everything is ok i can create a Ticket with my name as report .

Regards,

Anas,

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2019

Anas,

Thank you for those details. Could you tell me, are you using any proxy? There could be caching being retained there that is causing this issue.

If your other users were to login on another person's computer and log a ticket there, does the same issue happen?

Regards,

Shannon

Anas Ibrahim November 27, 2019

Shannon ,

Thanks for your replay ,

This Problem happening  with the particular user A , all the another users is ok even if they login on another computer.

We don't use any proxy in our environment .

Yesterday i removed the User B from Confluence and JIRA and i tried to login with User and the problem still like the User A can't see any project from Confluence .

Regards,

Anas,

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 5, 2019

Hello Anas,

Thank you for the follow-up.

This is a very unique issue indeed, and I'm not sure what could be causing it. I'd like to raise a support ticket for you, but I had a look, and I wasn't able to find a Confluence license associated with your account. Is your license maybe associated with another email address?

In addition, if we raise a support ticket, then you'll need to make sure that both your Jira and Confluence versions are up-to-date. Your Confluence version 6.6.1 is currently at-risk for compromise due to the earlier security vulnerabilities which were announced earlier this year. In addition, Confluence 6.6.* will reach End of Life within the next few weeks. You can check your Jira version against the End of Life matrix.

Once I am able to confirm you have an active license and that your Jira and Confluence are on a supported version, I can help you to raise a support ticket. 

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events